This Easter is definitely not like any we have experienced in the recent past. Traditional Easter celebrations have been tossed aside and we have now found ourselves preparing for an Easter at home. Whilst we may be used to hitting the road, or hanging out with friends, let’s look at Easter at home as a great opportunity to spend some quality time with our families.
Here are some eggs-pert ideas to make your Easter an egg-cellent one!
- Go camping… in your own back yard! Getting away for a mini break has become a custom for so many of us over the Easter long-weekend. But just because we have to stay home doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy a ‘getaway’ with our family. Get the camping gear out, put the tent up and create some memories under the stars, from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- Do some Easter Baking – Hot Cross Buns go hand in hand with Easter, so why not have a go at making your own. Check out one of our favorite Hot Cross Bunny recipes by Maggie Beer.
- Catch up with Friends… virtually – whilst we are being urged to stay home with the people we live with, there is no reason why you can’t hang out with your friends online. Taking the Easter party online is made super easy with apps like FaceTime, Zoom and Skype. So organize a time, invite your friends, grab some Easter snacks and get your party on from your living room.
- Get Crafty – Get the whole family involved and show the kids how we used to decorate eggs back in the day or truly get your Easter on and make your own Bunny ears or Easter hat. Check out these and other Easter craft ideas.
- Take a trip to the Zoo – Social distancing may have shut the doors of the zoos around the country, but the animals are still there and luckily for us, there are a number of zoos who have set up live-streaming cameras, so you can still check in on your favourite animals any time of the day. Check out Taronga TV for some local friends, or go on an adventure overseas and visit Edinburgh Zoo. Many different zoos around the world are providing live streaming, daily feeding experiences and even educational materials, so get googling.
- Bring the Royal Easter Show to your home: If you always go to the Easter Show, don’t let isolation get in the way! Why not get dressed up in your Sunday best, wear your homemade Easter hat and shop for Easter showbags online.
- Netflix and Chill(dren) – After a big weekend of Easter fun the kids might be feeling a bit eggs-hausted! So why not treat them to a movie night. A little googling will give you a list of Easter-inspired kids movies like Hop, Peter Rabbit or The Dog Who Saved Easter.
What are you doing to make your Easter at home special? Share a photo doing one of our suggested ‘Things to do at home this Easter’ activities and go in the running to win a $100 Wish e-Gift Card*.
From the Phoenix Health Family to yours, we wish you a happy and healthy Easter.
*To be in the running to win $100 Wish e-Gift voucher, you must like the Phoenix Health Facebook page, and submit a photo of your Easter activity in the comments section of the ‘Things to do at home this Easter’ post, or email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries close 11.59pm (AEST) Monday 13 April 2020. Prize will be drawn at 11am (AEST) and the winner will be notified by Facebook Messenger or email. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook.