5 Minute Smoothie Bowl
Making insta-worthy smoothie bowls has never been easier with this recipe from the Minimalist Baker. Healthy and super quick to make, it’s the perfect breakfast when you’re in a rush or would rather spend your time at the beach instead of in the kitchen.
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1-2 serves
- 1 heaped cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 small ripe banana (sliced and frozen)
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut or almond milk (to reach desired consistency)
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Toppings of your choice; try shredded coconut, chia or hemp seeds, muesli or fresh fruit
- Add frozen berries and banana to a blender and blend on low until small bits remain.
- Add a small amount of almond or coconut milk and protein powder (if using) and blend again until it reaches soft serve consistency.
- Scoop into 1-2 serving bowls, add your preferred toppings and serve while icy cold.
Health tip: Chia and Hemp seeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial for a healthy heart.