At Phoenix Health, your wellbeing is our number one priority, and we understand the financial pressures we all experience in our everyday lives. As your personal health insurer, we’re always looking for ways for you to be getting the most value from you cover, including ways that we can help to provide some financial relief when you need to go to hospital.
We’ve teamed up with East Sydney Private Hospital to bring you the Short Stay Joint Replacement Program – supporting you both financially by having no gap to pay towards your surgery and physically through prehabilitation programs and specialist care in your home – so you can get back to living your best life sooner!
The Short Stay Joint Replacement Program is designed and guided by surgeons specifically for patients undergoing hip, knee or shoulder joint replacement surgery, and included with your Phoenix Health Hospital Cover (where you have joint replacements included), at no extras cost.
Prior to surgery, you’ll attend a personalised pre-surgery joint replacement education clinic, to prepare you both physically and mentally for your upcoming operation.
Following surgery, you’ll be given post-operative rehab in hospital for one to three days and when it’s deemed clinically appropriate by your treating Surgeon, you’ll be discharged to recover in the comfort of your own home.
Features of this Program
- Prompt mobilisation after surgery – with the aim to be up and walking with the support of physiotherapy and nursing staff on the same day as your surgery.
- Rapid Recovery Program – created as a cross-collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team; this includes orthopaedic surgeons, anaesthetists, clinical nurse specialists, physiotherapists and nursing staff who are involved in all pre and post-surgery care.
- Early Discharge from the hospital – so you can recover in the comfort of your own home within three days after surgery.
- Supported Home Recovery Package – in-home physiotherapy will be provided should it be deemed necessary by your surgeon.
- Save money – The out of pocket costs to a member having a Joint Replacement surgery done as a private patient in Sydney can average between $3000 and $5000! The Short Stay Joint Replacement Surgery Program is designed to eliminate the financial burden of out-of-pocket costs by offering our members with a no gap alternative.
- The best in Joint Replacement technologies – Surgeons at East Sydney Private Hospital use the latest and minimally invasive techniques, including robotic technology.
- Get home sooner – with a reduced inpatient hospital stay of usually 1-3 days, rather than the average stay of *DAYS*
- Recover in the comfort of your own home – the benefits of recovering in your home environment have been proven both physically and mentally, as well as maintaining your privacy, and not restricting you to hospital schedules, meals and visiting hours.
- Get back to your life faster – working with your Surgeon, a care plan will be tailored to you, so you can reach your health goals and return to everyday life quicker.
Because we need to make sure that this program is the right fit for you, there’s a couple of criteria you’ll need to meet to be eligible. You’ll need to…
- Hold Phoenix Health Hospital Cover that includes Joint Replacement benefits;
- Have served your 12-month waiting period for your Hospital Cover, including Joint Replacements;
- Be suitable for short stay surgery (ie. 1-3 nights in hospital), it’s not anticipated that you’ll need ICU treatment after surgery, and you have a support network available to help you recover at home.