The student year begins annually on 1 March and dependants on Family memberships aged 21-25 who are studying full-time are required to be registered with Phoenix Health as a Student Dependant prior to the commencement of the student year.
Any dependants aged 21-24 on Family memberships who are not registered as Student Dependants by 31 March 2020 will be removed from memberships.
Impact of COVID-19 on students
Phoenix Health is aware that many educational facilities are currently either closed or operating in a limited capacity online as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and understand that this can impact whether your dependant may or may not be currently studying.
As long as they fit the following three criteria, they can continue to be registered as a Student Dependant with Phoenix Health, even if their educational facility is currently not operational:
- They are enrolled to study full-time,
- They are under 25 years old and
- They are currently in your care (this means they are not married or in a de-facto relationship)
How to register your Student Dependant
The good news is that registering your Student Dependant is easy and can be quickly done online. Here’s a few ways that you can register them:
1. Register Online
Click here to update their status online via the Phoenix Health Fund Online Member Service (OMS) portal. If you haven’t already registered for the OMS portal you can do this using your Phoenix Health membership number.
2. Over the phone
Call the Phoenix Health Team on 1800 028 817. Have your Phoenix Health membership number and name of your dependant’s educational institution handy.
3. Via email
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include your Phoenix Health membership number, your full name, your dependant’s full name and the education institution to which they’re enrolled.
4. Complete a Student Dependant form
Click here to download a Student Dependant form. Complete and then return via email or post to Phoenix Health, PO Box 156, Newcastle NSW 2300. Please note all forms must be received and processed by Tuesday 31 March 2020 for your dependant to remain on your membership.
Keeping your dependant covered if they aren’t studying full-time
Looking after the health of your family has never been more important. If your dependant isn’t studying full-time, there’s a couple of ways you can keep them covered.
1. Upgrade your Family membership to Extended Family cover
For less than the cost of a single membership, you can keep your dependant on your current policy with Extended Family cover. Call the Phoenix Health Team on 1800 028 817 or email email@example.com for a personalised quote.
2. Take out their own policy with our student offer
If your dependant chooses to take out their own policy with Phoenix Health, we’ll help get them started with a special offer when they join by 30 April:
- One month free,
- Savings of up to 10% on their Phoenix Health hospital cover with the Age-Based Discount and
- A $50 Eftpos e-Gift Card for both you and your dependant.*
Use the promo code STUDENT to take advantage of this offer. Call the Phoenix Health Team on 1800 028 817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find the perfect level of cover to suit them.
Still have questions?
Keeping up with a growing family can be a challenge, especially when circumstances beyond our control are constantly changing. We’re here to help; if you have any questions about registering your Student Dependant or anything to do with your Phoenix Health membership, contact the Phoenix Health Team on 1800 028 817 or email email@example.com.
* One month free (or 2 fortnights) will be applied after one-month payment has been received (i.e. the second month or third and fourth fortnights will be applied free). $50 Eftpos Gift cards will be sent by post following 30 days of active membership. Available to Phoenix Health dependants joining their own policy by 30 April 2020 and mentioning STUDENT at the time of joining. To learn more about how the Age-Based Discount is applied, click here.