Spring has sprung, which means the days are getting longer, the sun is shining and it’s the perfect salad weather.
What you’ll need
- 1 small head green cabbage
- large cucumber
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 bundle green onions
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup each basil and spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nuts (walnuts, almonds or cashews)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- sprinkle of chives, chopped
How to make it
- Wash and chop/finely dice all of the salad ingredients, place in an x-large bowl and mix well. The smaller the chopped pieces, the easier it will be to dip. Set aside.
- Add all of the liquid salad dressing ingredients to the blender first. You’ll add them in this order as they blend so much easier (lemon juice, rice vinegar, olive oil) and then add all of the remaining dressing ingredients on top. Blend until smooth and until it reaches a dressing consistency. If it’s too thick for your liking, add more olive oil 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
- Once the dressing is combined, pour it over the chopped salad base ingredients and mix well. Dip your favourite chip and enjoy!
- Finish with a sprinkle of Bush Tucker Dukkah and serve immediately.
Head to @bakedbymelissa’s TikTok to see how she makes it or visit bakedbymelissa.com.