Sometimes in life things happen and we need a little extra support – and that’s ok! Because we want to be there for you when you need us the most, we’ve teamed up with Valion Health to provide you with personalised mental health support from the convenience of your own home.
Mental Health Coaching is a program for participants who have, or are at risk of having, a mental health condition – providing them with the support they need to recover and keep their mental health strong, resilient and on track.
Provided by our partners at Valion Health, programs are designed for you personally and sessions are delivered by phone or video call and usually go for around 30-45 minutes.
Here’s an overview of how a program typically works…
- Initial Nursing Assessment: you’ll have a session with a registered nurse to discuss your concerns and needs so an individualised plan can be made for you. They’ll introduce you to your mental health coach but will be there to support you throughout the whole program.
- Video or Phone Calls will be co-ordinated for regular coaching sessions between you and your coach.
- Care Navigation: Valion will provide support to any existing carers you may have to help co-ordinate your care and connect you with any local services and providers that will benefit your recovery.
- Post Program Follow-Up: a ‘where to now?’ session to celebrate how far you’ve come and to map out the months ahead.
The program is a collaborative partnership between you and a trained mental health professional, personalised to what you need and providing you with mental health support when you need it the most – regardless of whether you have Psychiatric care included on your hospital cover or not, and will help you to:
- Increase your confidence and motivation to change behaviours that are unhealthy for you,
- Identify and build on supportive behaviours that benefit your mental health,
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of health conditions as well as proactive strategies to implement these in your day-to-day life.
Our Mental Health Coaching Programs are available at no extra cost to Phoenix Health members who have Hospital Cover, have served their 2 month waiting periods and feel they are needing a little extra mental health support.
Want more information about Phoenix Health Management Programs? Check them all out here.
Going to hospital? This is what we know and where we can really help you out. As soon as you find out you’ll need a hospital admission contact us so you can be confident in what to expect.
We’ll talk you through minimising doctor’s fees and any other out-of-pocket costs as well as check your cover and discuss any pre or post hospital support programs that we may have available for you.
Let us help you, so you can focus on what’s important; we’re here for you.