Whether you like traditional, fruitless, choc chip or even in a bread and butter pudding; Hot Cross Buns go hand in hand with Easter. Give this super easy – impress your friends – want to eat them all recipe a go, you won’t be disappointed!
Prep time: 20 mins
Makes: 6 servings
What you’ll need
- 2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup thick cream, plus 2 tbs for brushing
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 3/4 cup milk choc chip bits
- 60g of milk or white chocolate, melted
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 2200 and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre and stir cream and lemonade through with a butter knife until just combined.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured board. Knead lightly to combine. Gently flatten into 3cm-thick square.
- Use a floured knife to cut dough into 16 squares. Arrange close together on tray. Brush with extra cream.
- Bake for 10-15mins, until scones are lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped. Allow to cool.
- Fit a piping bag with a writing tube and fill bag with melted chocolate. Pipe chocolate crosses over cooled scones.
Source: Women’s Weekly